SPURR aggregates natural gas procurement for thousands of public school, college, and public agency facilities across California.
In a time of enormous uncertainty regarding energy prices, our programs lower risk for you. We provide the best available combination of low, stable, and predictable prices.
- Continuous competition by wholesale suppliers to serve our natural gas aggregation, so that we get the best available prices. We currently buy from six major wholesalers, each of whom provides at least 10% our total supply needs.
- Private marketers must mark-up the price of gas as high as they can. By contrast, as a JPA, SPURR cannot charge more than our actual supply and operational costs to our program participants.
- Fixed Rates for a portion of our participant's annual usage, to protect participant budgets if market prices rise, as they did in 2005 and 2008. Most participants can select their own level of price protection, or can accept our default levels of Fixed Rates.
- Variable Rates for the remainder of a participant's natural gas usage. Variable Rate allow participants to take advantage of periods in which spot market prices decline, as in 2009.
- Service to all types of natural gas accounts, including core, non-core, co-generation, and natural gas vehicle accounts.
- Clear and concise invoicing.
- Superior customer service and information for all issues related to your energy supply.
- No change in your local utility's provision of pipeline, metering, and safety services.
- No change in participant's access to all CPUC energy conservation programs.