- NaturalGas.org provides an overview of the natural gas industry.
- The 'national' wholesale price for natural gas is set on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Prices for futures contracts change every minute of every business day. The latest price charts and historical data and are published on their site.
- Get breaking energy news at Bloomberg Energy.
Major California Local Distribution Companies, also called 'DisCos'.
- Have a complaint about your local utility? The California Public Utilities Commission regulates monopoly investor-owned utilities, e.g., PG&E, SCE, SoCal Gas, and SDG&E, but not municipal utilities, such as SMUD and LADWP.
- The US Department of Energy publishes, among many other things, a Natural Gas Weekly Update.
- The DOE also publishes an overview of the electric power industry.
- The California Energy Commission deals with a wide variety of topics.
- The California Independent System Operator runs the 'grid' in California. Check out the current system status here.
- For those with an academic bent, the University of California Energy Institute publishes numerous papers.